IUP Alumni Strategic Plan
The IUP Alumni Association creates and enriches relationships to engage current and future alumni in the advancement of IUP.
With guidance from the IUP Alumni Association Board of Directors, the Alumni Relations Office is implementing a strategic plan that complements IUP’s strategic plan. For alumni, that means we will have an enhanced plan for keeping in touch with you—in the ways that you want—making you proud, and creating networking opportunities that will work to your benefit.
Why? Well, because you are IUP—you joined the organization when you enrolled, and IUP is yours for life.
As we implement this plan, we do need your help. When you receive via e-mail notice of a survey, please take time to complete it. We need to know what you think as we plan events and opportunities for you.
Want to make sure you receive the survey? Please update your e-mail address now.
The points below are the plan’s strategies.
- Create opportunities for alumni to network together and strengthen their ties to IUP both on and off campus
- Identify and develop opportunities for alumni to volunteer and lend their expertise to the university.
- Honor successful alumni, engaging them in the life of the university.
- Foster and generate interest of current alumni to create internship, mentoring, and career development opportunities for future alumni.
- Keep alumni informed about developments at IUP and, through an active communications plan, provide them with the information they need to be strong advocates for IUP.